-->

Monday, August 4, 2014

Love Changes Everything

Terve!!
But I Don't Play The Piano!
This week was a long one and to be honest I don't remember much of it!  I think the highlight of the entire week was this Saturday when Miko got baptized!!! It was so cool to see him be baptized.  He is awesome and absolutely hilarious, haha. One lesson the sisters told him that they really felt like he was going to be a leader in the church someday and he was like, "You know what?  I have been thinking the same thing."  Haha, he is the best.  And now he is a member and so excited to be called brother. :)  I have to admit, though, that I have never prayed so much in my whole life as I did at that baptismal service. We could not find a piano player anywhere because they were all out of town.... so you will never believe who they were left with.... Me!  Yup.  Me.  I don't play the piano!!!  Yes, I am sure all of you are all already aware of that.  I have taught myself how to play about 5 to 6 songs on my mission and that is basically the best I can do.  Fortunately, Sister Nyman can play about as well as I can so together we played  "I am a child of God" and then she played the simplified version of "I know that my Redeemer Lives." The only surprise was when I was playing prelude and interlude music and the Branch President came and asked me to play two hymns for the people to sing while we waited for him to change.... Oh my word.  I really haven't prayed so hard as I did that I could make it through those two songs.  But I know that God answers prayer because miraculously I made it through. :) 
Gutsy Missionary Work
We also got to here about some miracles happening with our investigator Jari that the elders are now teaching.  He is getting so ready to be baptized and it is so amazing to see.  He only has a few concerns-- that he hasn't told his family yet and that its hard to find a Mormon wife, haha  So funny.  He has been really concerned lately that we are just wanting to get more people to join our church and everything for the numbers reason and then in Priesthood this past Sunday apparently that is all they talked about and the elders were nervous about it the entire time!  But then when they talked to him about it after he thought it was really good because if he wants to find a wife that is a member of the church more people need to learn about and join the church and so now he is completely on board to do missionary work and it is so amazing to see!  Actually, the elders even asked him to come to a zone meeting that we had this week and participate in helping at a station for us to "role play".  Guess what station that was?.... Invitation to be Baptized. Haha that is pretty gutsy.  But he seemed to really enjoy it, though he felt like it was all too short because he couldn't explain everything.  He took it extremely literal and now he is really wanting to be baptized! Miracles are happening here in Oulu! 
Rwandan Investigator
We even found an investigator!  That was pretty exciting!  We had had 0 investigators all week personally and it has been way hard.  But this week we ran into a potential of ours from Rwanda.  He was in Rwanda when the genocide happened and doesn't really trust anyone so when we would try and set up a return appointment he would always just tell us no because we had to bring a friend along that he didn't know.  But this time he told us that we could bring a friend and come and visit him!  So that was pretty exciting!  I never thought I would meet so many people from all over the world here in Finland.  It is pretty incredible. 
Crocheting & Missionary Work
This week was also a lot of fun because we decided we wanted to work a little outside the box and I was going crazy going out and contacting formers and people on the street all day long.  So Sister Nyman got this brilliant idea to have me crochet something for this couple next store who is just about to have a baby this month.  So cute!  So every night when we would come in before bed, in the mornings, and during lunch I would just crochet.  It was so much fun and now we have a baby blanket to give to the neighbors and a family proclamation. We are pretty excited about it. She will never forget that she got a baby blanket from the Mormon missionaries. :)  It was actually surprising that it really didn't take long at all and we think it looks pretty good.  We are going to start working outside the box to meet and help teach people because really it is all about loving them.  When we really just show the people around us that we love and care about them it completely changes them and they are so much more willing to talk with us.  Love changes everything.  It really is the key to missionary work! 

Thank you for all of your love and support. :) 

Love, 
Sister Knapp

P.S.  I almost ran over a hedgehog this week.  How cool is that?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment