-->

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I Have Been So Blessed

Terve! 

Transfers!
Another week has come and gone and another change right along with it.  I can't believe that time can go so fast and before I know it my mission will be over.  I love Finland even though the work is hard.  Its definitely started to become like home.  I am staying in Marjaniemi and I am going to be serving with Sister Rapheal!  We both served in Oulu at the same time so I already know her and it should be a lot of fun.  Its always fun when you have served close with someone and then you end up as companions.  Sister Dixon is heading to Tampere to be a Sister Training Leader.  She is going to be amazing I have absolutely loved being her companion.  It has been so much fun.  I have never laughed so much in my life.  She has a gift at being herself and becoming best friends with everyone that she meets. Its been so much fun learning to do missionary work, and actually be more myself as I am doing it, from her. I have been so blessed with all of my companions! 
Disappearing Investigators
Well, after a super great week came a really down low week. The first two days were really rough. We had a lesson with Katja and it was going really well, when she told us that she had decided that she would always be Orthodox and doesn't want to meet anymore. It was super sad but it was nice to have someone actually be open and honest with us. Hopefully somewhere down the road her heart will be softened a little more and she will be ready to learn and accept the gospel. We then had a no-show by one of our other new investigators which has happened before. We then found out that our Hai's friend is actually a less-active member! So we found a less-active! Then we had a lesson with our investigator Jenny, who was a media referral.  She told us that she is interested to learn but not to change. So in 2 days we had 4 of our investigators disappear.  It was really hard and shot our plans for the rest of the week.
The Peace of the Temple
But Thursday was a really good day.  We got to go and do the Temple with Mac for the first time!  It was so exciting to see him going into the temple.  He is still doing amazing and actually gave a really incredible talk on Sunday and it was 10 minutes! He is a natural speaker and told his conversion story and how he came to know the Book of Mormon is true and that Heavenly Father loves us.  It was an amazing talk.  Mac is honestly just incredible!  I am so lucky to be serving here and have gotten to know him.  He is an amazing example to me. The temple was the best though.  I LOVE the temple. I hadn't realized how much I had missed it until I got there and then never wanted to leave.  The temple just really does leave you with the best most peaceful feeling. :) 
Remembering
This week we also had to help the A.P's with their investigators since it was change call weeks and they were going on splits in Oulu. So we got to teach one of their investigators who they have been teaching for quite awhile and have had to move her baptismal date many times.   She is great and from Estonia so we taught in English!  We had a really good lesson all on prayer and getting answers. She is wonderful but is having a really hard time with knowing if God is really there and loves her.  She had some amazing stories that she shared with us of when we she felt like God had answered her prayers but had since forgotten. So really we are just trying to help her remember and the elders have now given her to us to start teaching since they are moving to Espoo. The A.P's will now be in Espoo and the Zone leaders are coming to Marjaniemi. So hopefully we can start to help her progress and help her family as well.  She is so funny and we absolutely love her already. :) 

But that is basically all that really happened this week.  It was a pretty down week but with the change and everything hopefully we can get this area going again!  

Thanks for all the love and support! 

Love, 
Sister Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment