-->

Monday, May 12, 2014

Another Amazing Week!

Mother's Day Call
I'm so lucky to serve in such a beautiful place
This week was such a good week and selfishly probably the best part of the week was the I got to call home!!! I love you guys so much!! It really was the best thing ever and I was the happiest, and continue to be like the happiest person ever because of it.  Landon you are still amazing me with just how different you sound. Oh my goodness Bud!  You are seriously changing and growing up so much!  Can you just stay my LITTLE brother for a little bit longer?!  I won't be gone that much longer!  Cassie you sound so much older.  Really it was kinda amazing.  Kara you sound pretty much the same haha but I really would love it if you could send me that CD for my birthday.  I just loved talking to my family and, of course since you all already know, I loved talking to Blaine!  Thanks for that! :)  

I Love Chinese People
This week was really good for missionary work though!  We found five new investigators, four of which were Chinese!  I love being able to teach Chinese people.  They are so open to learn and it really is the best to see. The funnest part was that we really wanted to find a Chinese investigator because well... I really like teaching Chinese people.  So we looked through our entire area book and found one former investigator who was Chinese. So we decided that we needed to go and stop by to see him.  The only thing was the we were going to be on splits because we had zone meeting and the Kuopio sisters were coming to stay with us. So I was with Sister Neilson going to visit a less active member and do service.  Let's just say that I have no idea how to get anywhere in Oulu yet, which meant...yup...we got lost and were 30 to 40 minutes late to our appointment and then an hour late to the next one... oops.  But it all worked out!  Sister Nyman, however,  got to go and meet with this former.  It turned out that he had moved away but a Chinese girl was living there now! Her name is Sofia. So Sister Nyman ended up teaching her and she wants to learn more!!  Then Sister Nyman ran into 2 Chinese boys when she was on her way back and ended up teaching them and inviting them to a church tour! They said they would let us know, and you will never believe it!  They actually called us the next day saying that they want a church tour!  So we gave them a church tour and they ended up bringing a friend, which was really not a normal thing to happen.  We invited them to church the next day and they came!  We are also teaching them tonight too!  We are so excited about them!
All my MTC friends now serving together in the north zone:  Elders Cummings, Stanbury, McMaster,
Lee, Chapman, Hugie and Stegby with Sister Nyman and me.  
Zone Meeting (aka MTC reunion)
We also had zone meeting this week which was the best thing ever!  I had no idea how many people from my MTC group were serving in the north zone until Friday.  There are 9 of the 15 of us in Finland serving all in the north!   It was like a big MTC reunion! And Sister Fronk was there.  She really is an angel!  I love my mission momma! She is the best and it was so fun to be with her again!  It was a really good meeting and we just found out that we have to teach all five lessons from Preach My Gospel before baptism.  It used to be just the first 4 but now it is the first 5.  So that was something new!!  Apparently it is the BIG news that the zone leaders have been so excited about sharing for awhile.  It wasn't that big of a surprise though.  It makes a lot of sense to be able to give people a bigger picture of what blessings come after baptism and really working towards going to the Temple.  
Sister Nyman and me
Oulu, Bike Accidents and My Amazing Companion
Well, I really am starting to just LOVE Oulu.  I mean I loved it when i got here but I just come to love this place more and more.  It really is an amazingly beautiful place.  I love it!  Plus, I get to bike everywhere and it is so much better than walking or public transportation (though sometimes, oddly enough, I still miss the public transportation.)  But I did receive some revelation that I would crash on my bike one day and guess what?  It happened.  I learned my lesson to never say that you won't crash because then you will!  I was having a really crazy day and broke a bowl that morning, fell back in my desk chair and then thought, " I am going to crash on my bike today".  Then it happened.  I ran right into Sister Nyman!  Fortunately, neither of us were harmed!  But I love biking!  Plus, I really do have the best companion ever.  Sister Nyman is amazing and such a good example to me.  She is so sweet and really just loves everyone.  She loves this Gospel and it really just radiates from her.  She wants to tell everyone about it and is so good about talking to everyone!  She is really one of the best missionaries I have ever seen.  She is amazing! 

Well, Thank you for all of your prayers and support! 

Love, Sister Knapp




1 comment:

  1. what is the name of that river or lake or whatever it is on my desktop with the sun shining on it how neat is that

    ReplyDelete