-->

Monday, April 21, 2014

Well, I'm Leavin' On a Night Train!

Moikka! 

 All the Helsinki Missionaries that I will be missing like crazy!
(Sister Egan, Pugmire & West; Elders Crofts & Golling)
Dreams Do Come True
Well, "I'm leavin' on a night train, don't know if i'll be back again..."  Yep!  I am leaving my 'birth place' of Espoo and going up to Oulu (map below)!  I have to say that it was the biggest shock of my entire life! Heavenly Father must really love me SO much. It was my dream call to be able to go to Oulu and serve with Sister Nyman and I get both!! I don't have any idea how this happened but I am absolutely the most excited person in the world!  Sister Nyman is an absolute angel!  We were in the MTC together and now we get to be companions!  It is going to be so much fun!  Plus, Oulu is supposed to be beautiful in the summer.  It is the Furthest North City in the World for Sisters (at least it was at for a short time anyway)!  How cool is that!?  I am absolutely so excited and so grateful that I get a chance to go and serve there. :) 

 Awkward photo with the Elders (Golling & Crofts).
Look at that perfect spacing :)  
Hard Goodbyes
It has also been really sad saying goodbye to all of the people that I have really grown to love here in Espoo.  The members are absolutely amazing and I adore them.  It has been such a blessing to have served here in this ward.  I have learned and grown so much and it really has shaped me and changed my life.  It has been one of the greatest blessings of my life that I will never forget.   I have to say that the hardest people to say good-bye to have definitely been to Hai, Yan and Lin, Jiao and Tem and Gisel.   I love these people with all of my heart!  I am so grateful for the opportunity to have met all of them.  They are amazing.

I Am Slowly Becoming More and More Finnish.
 Farewell to this great Elder (Waite)!  Its been a good long 6 months! :) 
This week we were so busy with Sister Egan still recovering from being sick.  I got to go on so many crazy splits with the Haaga sisters that were so much fun. Fortunately this did not mean that Sister Fronk broke anything.  We just got to teach our investigtors. Our Chinese investigators are amazing and love meeting with us and really are progressing.  It is the most fun thing to see how investigators progress and change their lives.  We also got to go to SO many dinner appointments this weekend for Easter and I finally got to try the traditional Mämmi.  It is a dessert that Finns eat at Easter that is apparently really healthy.  It is like this rye pudding stuff that you have cream and sugar over.  I was a little nervous right at first to eat it but it was SO good!  Maybe I just have really grown to love Rye anything :)  Oh and I don't know which of my friends and family remember tried salmiakki (the black licorice stuff?)  Well, I am actually starting to like that too!!  Yeah, I know miracles do happen.  (Its this really salty black licorice stuff... I am not quite sure how to explain it other than the fact that I had to gag it down the first time.)  So I am slowly becoming more and more Finnish!  I have to say that I really do just love this country.  It is beautiful and amazing. :)

Well, I am sorry this is such a short email.  Not too much happened this week besides the amazing change calls!  I love you all! :)

Look where I'm headed!!!




Hopefully I will stay long enough to see the Northern Lights!


No comments:

Post a Comment