-->

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Frozen Chosen

Terve!! 


Accidental False Doctrine
Well the kind of dreaded week has finally arrived! Consecration week!  We just started today ONLY speaking Finnish! It is 100% Finnish and no translating for eachother unless it is absolutely necessary.  Yeah, its going to be a long hard week.  But I love this language so it should be a lot of fun as well!  I just so wish that my language was better than it is.  But it is coming... slowly but surely it is coming!  We do get told constantly that we are learning the hardest language in the MTC. I have decided that every language is hard so there is no need to put a label on it.  I also made my first language mistake (that I actually recognized, I am sure there are tons of others).  But we were teaching our investigator the blessings that we receive from baptism and instead of saying 'we can live with God' I told them they 'can apartment with God'... They understood what I meant though and committed to baptism so we are SO excited! One of my companions, Sisar Ross, also told her investigator that they could become Jesus... Yeah there might be a little bit of accidental false doctrine floating around! Fortunately we will have a senior companion in Finland to correct our mistakes!
Elder Wilson and Elder Hugie
Me and my companions in our usual spots!
Elder Chapman and Elder Richards



















Deer Caught in the Headlights!
Guess what?!  We finally got to host the new incoming Missionaries!!  I have never seen so many deer caught in the headlights looks ever. But I am sure that is how most of us looked anyway.  It was nice to actually be able to help them and tell then that it is going to be o.k. and to just make it to Sunday!  Really, you kind of have to say that to yourself every week because Sundays are the best and the days that you really have the time to focus on yourself.  It is amazing! We also had a random branch, that has gym with us, ask us  to come be the Sister Training Leaders for the night in their branch because they were finally getting sisters and hadn't had any for months!  That was fun! While we were explaining where we were serving (since, surprise, some of the sisters had never heard of Finland or they just had no idea where it was) the Zone Leader called us the Frozen Chosen, haha!  So apparently to some missionaries we are not known as the Finns anymore but The Frozen Chosen.  I think it is a very suitable name for us! :) 

With Sister Ross and Sister Farnworth hosting new missionaries


My Zone hosting the new missionaries
Seeing Old Friends
I also got to see so many people I knew this week because of Conference!  We had to spend all day up on the Main Campus both Saturday and Sunday so I saw Breanne again!  She is the best! I also saw Taylor Williamson who is doing wonderfully!  She is going to be such an awesome missionary! I also see Elder Hickey EVERYWHERE!  I try to take pictures for his mom but he just doesn't allow such a thing.  But he is also doing really well and I get to hear a little bit of Taglog which is way cool.  Lets just say that I love seeing people that I know everywhere! It makes my day! 
With Sister Taylor Williamson, a friend from home.  I love seeing people I know!

We spent all of General Conference Weekend at the Main Campus where I saw my former roommate Breanne again!
"Doubt Your Doubts"
Well, wasn't Conference just AMAZING?!! I absolutely loved Conference and have about 8 or 9 favorite talks to read again.  I know this is probably the Facebook and Pinterest post of Conference but I love it so I am going to share it anyways! :) "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." I just loved that because I could really apply it to myself and I think everyone.  It is so easy to have doubts and in turn start doubting your faith before you doubt your doubts.  I know personally I have had many doubts about being able to learn this difficult language and becoming that consecrated missionary but I remember that with the Lord's help I can do anything and everything! Our Savior loves us SO much and is always there for us to help us if we will just have faith in Him and turn to Him.  He knows we aren't perfect and that is why he suffered the Atonement so that through him we could become perfect. He doesn't expect us to be perfect all at once.  He doesn't expect us to become that steadfast disciple overnight. But through faith in him and following His perfect example we can become like Him.  We can be perfect even as He is perfect through his Atonement.  I know that to be true! I know that our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ are so proud of us when we are just making the small steps towards Him and having faith in Him.  So "doubt you doubts before you doubt your faith" because your through faith in your Savior Jesus Christ I know you can get through any trial and any doubt that you face in your lifetime.  Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us more than words can express and their love "simply is always there".  

I love all of you!  Kirkko on Totta!

Sisar Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment